If you have ever shopped for baby gear, you have no doubt become familiar with the name Graco. Graco is synonymous with reputable, quality baby products – car seats, high chairs, strollers, cribs, swings and so much more! So when they came out with the Graco True Focus Digital Video Baby Monitor (Check the price here) , it was no surprise that I found it to be the same quality, reliable product that you have come to expect from the Graco brand.
Features of the Graco True Focus Digital Video Baby Monitor:
- Secure digital technology for optimal clarity, performance, and privacy
- 2.4 GHz frequency means no interference from household electronics
- High resolution, a 2.4-inch color video screen for superior viewing
- Clock feature on parent unit for quick reference
- Child unit battery back-up for added peace of mind
- Built-on vision modes for seeing the baby during the day and in total darkness
- Low battery alarm reminds you to charge the parent unit
- Belt clip gives active parents wear-it-anywhere convenience
- The Graco True Focus Digital Video Baby Monitor includes 1 child unit, 1 parent unit, 2 AC adapters, 1 rechargeable battery for parent unit and 1 instruction booklet. The child unit allows you to use a battery for back-up, however, you will need to provide 3 AA batteries to use it.
While testing out the Graco True Focus Digital Video Baby Monitor, I found the range of the unit to be fair. We live in a two-story house and had no issues with performance in any part of the house or even outside! Using the monitor in the daylight, the picture quality was crisp and clear. At night, the picture clarity wasn’t as sharp, but I found this to be the case on other video monitors that I have used in the past and wouldn’t pass this monitor up just because of this issue.
One of my favorite things about the Graco True Focus Digital Video Baby Monitor was the zoom feature. I would have loved to have had this monitor when my son was an infant since he had reflux and I would have been able to see if he had to spit up in his bed without entering the room! The audio on this monitor was top notch and picked up everything, even the slightest sounds. There is no mute button, however, once you turn the monitor volume on the lowest setting it was nearly silenced and you get visual cues with blinking lights on the parent unit whenever a noise is made. I also found the vibration feature handy as you can keep the parent unit in your pocket and still be alerted whenever your child makes a sound.
What I don’t like about this unit is it’s flimsy power cord! It’s a cheaper monitor compared to some so I suppose if I’m going to “get what I paid for”, it’s better that the power cord adapter be the feature that is lacking. I mean I’d much rather replace a power cord than to have lousy picture or sound, right? Everything else about this unit was above par, but the cord is not going to last, in my humble opinion.
Overall, I found the Graco True Focus Digital Video Baby Monitor to be a solid, quality product and a great value for the money that you pay. This monitor may not include some of the bells and whistles that other units provide (who really needs their monitor to play lullabies anyway?), however, it does what a baby monitor should do – it provides you with the peace of mind in knowing that your baby is safe while sleeping.